When I was growing up I made a good little income with babysitting and cleaning homes in my community. Boys however, have a little tougher time in their teens, as they think babysitting for other people is traditionally for girls.
So, Tanner is excited that he now has a part time job as a youth ref for the city recreation program! A few weeks into Tate's basketball league we had heard that they were struggling to find youth refs to officiate the kids games. So I made a phone call to the city to see how to sign up and Tanner got hired and officiated 6 games this past weekend. He gets $7.00 per game, so it makes a nice little bundle for running up and down the court for 6 hours. He came home with his legs killing him, but was excited that he finally had a little income and is looking forward to 5 more games this next week.
He thought it was fun to officiate Tate's game, where Tate played against his good friend and neighbor Garett. Tanner even called a foul on Tate, and Tate gave him the look of "What is up with that?"
We are very proud of Tanner and all that he does for our family by being the "big brother". I am excited that he has the opportunity to spread his wings a little and see how it is to have a job, where he can earn his own money.


5 comments:
Good for you Tanner. Don't spend it all in one place. :)
That's neat. Good for him!
That is a sign of an EXCELLENT REFEREE, and being responsible and mature.....calling the plays as you see them......in fairness, even if the call is your "kid brother"!!!!!
Way to hustle Tanner...we are SO proud of you, and LOVE you even more!!!!!
Great Job!
What a great program. I think kids appreciate things more when they have to use their own money. Now he'll have some of his own to spend. Cool job!
That is great that he found that opportunity to make $$ doing what he loves! That is the key to happiness in life..doing what you love! What a bonus to be making bank too! Way to go Tanner! (Can I still call you Tanner Banner once in a while?:)
Post a Comment