Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jumping January


Warning: This is a massive picture update/overload on our busy month.
I can hardly believe that January has already slipped by! One of my New Year's Goals was to update our blog once a week, but as you can see that didn't happen. So I am going to try for at least monthly!

We rang in the new year with Grandma & Grandpa Gus along with our fun neighbors/long time friends the Conrad's. We have kids around the same age and we moved to this area together.

We ate tons of Pizza, yummy bread sticks, salad, & treats, played games and rang in the New Year with the Eastern Time zone. There was no way the little kids were going to make it to midnight.






Tate has been a very busy boy in Scouts and Basketball as this month was the pinewood derby and the start of his Rec team. He wanted to make a Utah Jazz car, and worked hard to design the perfect car. Jeff helped him try to make everything work and over all I think Tate had a great experience. Jeff has been trying to take turns helping coach different teams that each child participates on. This was his turn to coach Tate. (Tanner is also helping on the sidelines) They have been doing great and are so far undefeated.




This month Tucker got glasses! He picked out some pretty stylish glasses and we think he looks handsome!


Tracen has been growing like a weed! He is starting to hold his own bottle, play more with his toys and is very aware of what is going on around him. It is a full time job to keep him entertained, but he is sure a little cutie!



We were hit with several big snow storms in January, which made the kids excited. The have made a sledding hill which they love to see who can slide down the farthest. The snow also brings down the deer for their daily snack. These pictures are right in our back yard. The buck is only about 5 feet from our back door. The kids threw the old pumpkins back in the field for the deer to eat as they come down almost every afternoon. It is fun to watch them as they roam our field. I think the most we have ever counted in one day was over 50.







One of Tracen's most unique things about him is his wild hair. None of the other boys ever had this much hair. When you wash it he has natural curl. However, when it is dry it sticks straight up. His hair has been getting so long around his ears, that I decided to give it a little trim. These are the before and after pictures in the tub. You might not be able to tell the difference to much, but boy we can. I need to leave the trimming of the top of his head to a professional hair dresser. Aunt Julie, can you bring your scissors to our next family gathering, for a little snip, snip? I am afaid with the natural curl I will really make it worse, so for the time being, he just has a little mohawk. I think Tracen is starting to look more like Tommy and Tate. The only way I can tell their baby pictures apart is because of his wild hair. Well, that is a wrap of the first month of 2010. Here's to the rest!
PS The spell checker is not working, so forgive any spelling mistakes!

5 comments:

Toni said...

What a busy month. It looks like all of the boys are doing well. Tate's car turned out great. Tucker looks great in his glasses.

Travis & Steff said...

You have a beautiful family! Your kids are all adorable :)

Ryan said...

You are right... that hair is amazing. We also love Tucker's glasses. They remind me of another certain someone who I love.

The Barton Family said...

you did have a busy month!!....I'm jealous of all that baby hair....my kids don't get hair until they're two!!

Cami said...

Tucker's glasses are very handsome - and the snow pics are so fun. I can't believe how many deer you have - that's so fun to be able to just look out your window and see them.