Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sweet September

OK, so I started this post over a week ago, but it has taken me this long just to finish things up. Something else always needs my attention and pulls me away from the blogging world. That is exactly why I am MIA on face book.


Fall is my favorite time of year. Nature at it's best with all the sun flowers and the corn stalks growing so tall waiting for harvest. We have a few birthdays this month and Jeff and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. When we first moved up to this area, we lived in a little duplex while we were building our house. There were fields and fields of corn right off our exit. Seeing the corn fields and the openness of nature, made a calmness come over me amid all the stress that was going on in our lives. Since then, I love seeing the fields of corn. That is a big part of the agriculture in this area, so when I saw the sun flowers and the corn it was an added bonus. I just had to stop and take a picture. This is one of the reasons why September is so sweet.




For our adventures, we continued to see extended family through September. First, at a Gus reunion at Layton Park where we enjoyed the Indian summer weather. Everyone had fun visiting and the kids loved the play ground. Yes, I know Tracen was in desperate need for a hair cut in these pictures, but just wait for it.






















Next up we celebrated Jeff's Dad, Rey's, 80th birthday party! There was great food and lots of family to visit with. Rey has been looking forward to this birthday party and it was well deserved. He has been such a hard worker his entire life. He is like the energizer bunny that keeps going. He even ran his lawn business again this summer. I don't know how he does it. I know that is where Jeff gets his great work ethic from his parents.







Freshman Football for Tanner has been quite intense this year. It started clear back in the spring. It literally takes up most of his time. He has played really well and every game I pray that angels protect him from injury. There have been a lot of his team mates hurt this season. He plays "running back" and gets quite of few touch downs and he plays "corner" on the defensive side. Some of the players call him "crazy legs" as he zips in and out of traffic to avoid being tackled.


Of course Saturdays are filled with football games with Tate's Bear team. They have played really well this year and have made it to the play offs. Tate is getting a lot of playing time by playing "center" on the offense and "defensive end" on the defense. He rarely gets a break. He even recovered a fumble and ran it in for a touch down a few weeks back. Way to go Tate #90!







Tanner celebrated a birthday this month. I can't believe that he is 15! A mental count down has been going on in my head. One more year until he is driving, 4 more years until he graduates and goes on a mission! Crazy! People have always told me that kids grown up so fast before you know it they are adults. I didn't believe them as I felt like I was in the trenches of raising kids each day. However, each year Tanner gets older I believe it more. Tanner is such a great helper and over all good kid. We are so proud of him and the young man he is becoming.




Now to the other end of the spectrum. Tracen turned ONE this month! He is also just growing like a weed and sporting a new hair cut. Don't look too close as I am sure I missed a few spots. He took off walking at the first of the month and has been getting into everything! He wants to try and help, hence him trying his hand at vacuuming. We try to start them young at chores! I just wish they would all stay excited to help with chores as they got older.



He had fun digging into his little cakes and enjoys all the attention he gets from the whole family. He is such a cute little bugger that it is hard to get after him when you are trying to teach him right from wrong. He just flashes his pearly whites and it melts your heart.








Well that is it for September, I am finally caught up until Nov 1st. Then I will be behind again. It is the story of my life... a day late and a dollar short. Maybe someday I will feel like I am on top of life again, just in time for my kids to put me in an old folks home!