Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nice November



As the holidays are fast approaching, I have found myself once again behind in the blogging world. So, I thought I better catch up at least to November. Jeff felt the kids were deprived in October for not being able to carve pumpkins as the whole month flashed by us. So while I was out of town, he let them carve away! They had a great time and I was thrilled I didn't have to clean up the mess.



After such a crazy October I really needed to get away, so my annual sisters trip was perfect timing. The Gus girls try and get away once or twice a year to recharge our personal batteries. It is always a fun time with lots of chocolate, talk and just down time where you are only responsible for yourself! I remembered to take a picture this year! This is my sister Jennie, Mom Ann, sister Annalee, and of course me. My sister Julie is taking the picture and did not feel like being in the photo as she is expecting in 2011. My sisters in laws Cami and Kimi, had not arrived yet for the photo op.




November is also Tate's favorite month as he celebrated his 11th birthday! I loved his GQ poses over some of his birthday stash. He is growing up so fast and is almost as tall as I am. I can't believe he is in 5th grade! That is the same age that Tanner was when we made our big move to Box Elder County. Wow, time is starting to fly.



Speaking of Tanner, he had a great year in football and was awarded the offensive MVP player of the year. He played running back and then corner for the defense along with special teams. It was a real time consuming, tough, physical year for him but over all a great experience.




Next up was Tucker's health check up at PCMC for his heart, which included an echo and the regular tests. He is doing amazingly well! The doctors were please that his body has healed itself from past surgeries and that the heart valves that they were "watching" have really adapted to his body and they don't expect to see any problems in the near future. So, he doesn't have to have another PCMC check up for two years, plus no need for another echo for years to come!



Tommy lost a front tooth and the other one is hanging on by a thread. He was so excited that the tooth fairy would be coming to give him some money!



We were deeply saddened to have Jeff's niece, Crystal Burt, pass away from breast cancer in November. She was only in her 30's and leaves behind her husband and four children. She was such a good example with her positive and can do attitude. She just kept going no matter how hard it got. Her work put this up on their business sign out in West Haven. She will be deeply missed! Thank goodness we have the knowledge that we will see her again, free from cancer and pain, but until then there will always be a little sadness that she is not with us.



The rest of the pictures are from our photo shoot that didn't make our Christmas card, now I just have to try and get the cards out! What happened to the days that I had them out by the day after Thanksgiving? Oh yeah I didn't have five kids back then. I try to remember everything has it season and enjoy each moment as they are growing up so quick!





2 comments:

Toni said...

That's great news about Tucker. I love the pictures and can't wait to see which one made the cut.

mama fish said...

Cute post! With the 1/2 brain cell I'm running on these days, I haven't even given Tate his B-day money and I never emailed after Thanks Giving. Thanks for having us, everything was great and your house looks fab!

See you at Christmas!!!!