Saturday, October 25, 2008

Run Bambi Run!

Now let me start out this post with a disclaimer, that I was not raised in a hunting family or around guns. However, I sure married into one. So of course my boys will probably follow in their father's footsteps. That is just how it is.

Every October the family starts to pull out any clothing they have that is orange. You might think it is because of Halloween, but that is the wrong "H" word. It is of course for Hunting. Jeff''s family has always loved the outdoors, but especially this time of year. It is in their blood to migrate down to the "old hunting" spot where they have gone for generations. This was the biggest crowd of family yet with 7-8 trailers parked up the mountain all anticipating the big hunt.

Jeff is a die hard hunter, who would not miss this for the world. The boys and I try to make it down for one of the hunts as a little family get away depending on what the kids school schedule dictates. It is pure camping where you have to pack in all gear plus your water, so we try not to forget anything. The kids sure loved going this year, especially Tanner who got to stay with his Dad a few extra days. It is fun to see extended family who we don't see very often and catch up on every one's lives.

The boys loved hanging out with their cousins & shooting their B-B-Guns while hunting for little creatures.
They have been taught hunter's safety and try to follow it, with me reminding them ALL THE TIME TO BE CAREFUL!
We were lucky to have great weather and could still see some of the snow from the storm the week before. Over all it was a successful trip.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Toni said...

They all look ready for the hunt. I guess that's what happens in a house full of guys.

Jennie said...

The question is..... Did they get one? For little Bambi's sake, I hope not. :) But for their sake, I hope they bagged one. I love the pic of all the orage. You'll have to make sure I get a copy for the video!