Growing up I remember with great fondness attending different cultural activities, through out the community, I think my favorite was Trixie True the detective (I think that is what it was called). It was fun to see things up on the big stage, and have characters burst into song and take you into a different world. Jeff however does not share my enthusiasm and for him it is like nails on a chalk board to attend such an event. He can't even watch High School Musical. He would rather be watching some type of game, cleaning, or tending before going to a musical. Most of the time our family is so involved in sporting & outdoor events, that when there is an opportunity for a little culture, I drag who ever is willing to come along.
Tate came home from school and announced that that he would like to attend the local High School's production of "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown". His teacher had attended earlier in the week, and ranted and raved how good it was. The high school was offering a free performance to the first 500 elementary aged students to arrive at the theater that weekend. So we made room on our busy Saturday schedule to attend. The only takers were Tate and Tucker & we wanted to make sure we were part of the first 500, so we were the very first ones to arrive and were able to get the very front row.
The boys were good sports to sit for so long & enjoyed it. We took a few fun pictures before my camera died, but missed pictures of them with the different actors. It was fun to see some of their expressions and laughter during the performance and know it is not all about sports 24/7!


4 comments:
Maybe it's the name. My Jeff doesn't like musicals either. I'm glad you got to attend though.
I would love to go and see something like that too........
Count me in. Glad you guys got to attend!
You gotta get away from all those sports sometime!! I love musicals. They are so much fun. Glad to hear you got to do something different. Keep having fun!
Tate and Tucker look like twins, the same age.........maybe it is the angle, but they are growing up before our very eyes!!!!
Handsome, cute...etc....
Post a Comment