Jeff and the kids like watching the TV show "Man vs Wild" on the Discovery channel, little did we know that last week Jeff would have his own run in with the wild side!
We have loved living in the country, watching all the wildlife, having peace & quiet and not having to deal with the city. However sometimes the wildlife just jumps out in front of you. The first year we lived out here, I hit a black cow at night, which was a scary experience.
Jeff was on his way to work early in the morning and a deer that he says was a 3 X 2 (which means one side of the deer's horns had 3 points, and the other had two, for all you non hunters) jumped out right in front of him. He didn't even have time to brake! He was fine, but the air bags deployed and the car was pretty much a total loss. So we have been working/fighting with the insurance company to reach a settlement, as they only want to give us half of what the value was listed at. Once we reach a settlement then we can figure out what we want to do next. I really don't want to have a car payment, but he will need another commuter car. So we are saying our goodbyes to our little red commuter car, which saved us lots of money at the gas pump. RIP/rest in peace at the junk yard.


4 comments:
I'm glad he wasn't hurt.
Wow! Glad he was fine. That stinks about the insurance stuff. Hope you find something that works for you.
That is quite the experience - glad Jeff wasn't hurt - too bad we can't say the same for the car.
I am So glad he wasn't impaled by the horns! I guess I'll take my flat tire this week over that one! Good luck with all you have going! You guys are awesome!
Post a Comment