Thursday, October 8, 2009

Our Newest little "T"









Our newest family member arrived on Sept 27, but I am a little slow getting pictures posted as I have had no sleep and Jeff has been out of town. We still had not decided on a name driving down to the hospital! We had a family meeting the night before to take a vote. We had 2 votes for Taylor, 2 votes for Teddy, 1 vote for Teagan, and 1 for Trypp. No one could agree. So before they wheeled me into the operating room, Jeff and I took a name off our running name list that we could compromise on, Trace, and then added a "N" on the end to make it Tracen. Middle names are a little easier as we have tried to add family history or a special meaning for each of the boys middle names. We decided to give him the middle name of James after many James' on my Mom's side of the family. So we thought Tracen James sounded better than Trace James.

So Tracen James Porter entered the world at a whopping 9 lbs 1 oz and 20 1/2 inch long. Here are a few photos capturing his big day, hospital stay and the journey home. Many thanks goes to my parents for picking me up from the hospital and helping out with the kids while Jeff has been gone. They have really been great!













11 comments:

Jennie said...

I almost called up there yesterday to make sure you guys were all alive. I'm sure you are exhausted. He is a cute. I love that hair! The highlights are amazing. I can't wait to see the rest of your pics. I'm also glad mom and dad are there to help. I'm sure you have your hands full. We love ya!

Travis & Steff said...

Cute, cute! Love the name. Congratulations to all of you :)

Travis & Steff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Toni said...

He is so cute. You have such a beautiful family. Can't wait to see more pictures.

The Barton Family said...

I love the T name you picked- very manly....I can't get over how much hair he has...

Cami said...

He is so cute - love his hair! I can't wait to cuddle him again!

Becky Sue said...

He's gorgeous! I'm glad he didn't come home as Baby Porter or Little "T" Hee hee! Get some rest and exploit the help of those big boys. :)

Melanie said...

Congratulations!!! Tracen was a big baby! He has a lot of hair! (I know you hear that all the time- cause I do too!) Best wishes.

The Hatch Family said...

Congrats.He is beautiful.Best Wishes.

Bekah said...

Look at that great family. 5 little T's in a tod. (okay, so it works better with the letter "P").

Congratulations! That was one big boy. I hope you take a break and leave Jeff home soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi is so cute!! Love all the hair!! Congratulations, we're glad he's finally here!

Love,

The Jorgensen's