Last week we had a little count down in our community of ATK's test firing of the Ares 1 for the space program. Every time they have a blast or a burn, we hope and pray the winds take the cloud South or West so we don't get the after effects of all the dirt and fall out. This time we were hit a little from the dirt cloud, so they are pretty good to come out and wash it off our house, cars, etc.
This count down to lift off reminded me of our own little count down this week. We are under a week and counting for our little guy to come. If all goes according to plan, he should be here this Sunday. We have checked a few things off our count down list, like putting up the crib, washing baby clothes, getting his room ready. However we are still not unanimous or in agreement with his name, need to pack, buy diapers, etc. I have not been sleeping well and when I do finally fall asleep, I have been dreaming lots of weird baby dreams. So I know we are nearing the end, plus my body is starting to give out.
The kids have been so good to help and are excited for his arrival. The kids have been pretty self sufficient the past few years, that I am starting to think can I do this baby thing? Up all night, no sleep, tired... However that is exactly what I am doing now, just not a little one in my arms to show for it. Even though I have been through this before X 4, I think I just have a little of the pre-baby jitters.
So wish us luck in our 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 lift off to our new little one.


2 comments:
We can't wait to hear of his arrival. Keep us posted.
Jon G: Good luck tomorrow. We will be thinking of you. Is it too late for me to get in a vote for "Taylor"?
Post a Comment