Friday, September 4, 2009

1st Day of School

 
We have a little tradition that I take the kids pictures the first day of school. Sometimes they are not nearly as excited as I am.
 
We live way out in the country, so the poor kids have to get up at the crack of dawn for them to be able to catch the bus for their 40-45 min ride to school. It doesn't take that long to get into town, just that long to pick up all the kids at the different stops.
 
The kids were pretty excited to start school, and spent the day before making sure they had everything laid out for the special day. It was hard for us all to get back into the swing of an early morning schedule, but once everyone was on their buses I thought hey this in kinda nice! I will at least enjoy it for a few weeks being all by myself, until the baby comes and keeps me company.
 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Toni said...

I love the first day of school. The boys look very handsome.

Annalee said...

Did you sing it...? It's the most, wonderful time of the year??
The days go by so fast though eh? Cute pics!

Cami said...

I can't believe Tucker has already lost some teeth! What do they do on the ride? Just relax with friends, I suppose. Yes! - Enjoy your solace - however short-lived it may be!