It is a funny thing when you hit a big birthday, you remember others hitting it, thinking... Wow, they are old! Then when you reach the same age, you think I am really not that old. It makes you reflect on your life and what you are grateful for! So as I count my blessings I am reminded of many things. I am grateful for my pregnant, fat, short body and that I am here on my earthly journey for another year. I am able to get around, as hard as it may be and grateful for the experience. If someone asked me, last year, what I wanted for my birthday, it would be one last baby. I have always felt like we were suppose to have five kids. So now that I am in the process of fulfilling that wish, I sometimes think....What was I thinking! It is a lot harder being this much older. My body is stuck in 2nd gear and not willing to go full force. However I hate to complain as it has taken so much to get to this stage. We are over the half way mark and on the down ward slide, so he will be here in a few more months!
I am also grateful for a great hubby! I think we make a pretty good team in life with all that we have got going on. I like the saying that Jon & Kate plus 8, say.... It may be a crazy life, but it is our life. That sums up our family also.
Of course next would be my cute boys! My life would be a little dull with out the blessings and challenges that they bring. I catch glimpses of greatness, in between all the arguing and fighting that boys dish out. I know this time will go fast, so I am trying to enjoy each moment. Sure do love ya boys!
This birthday stuff all started because of two great people. Nephi says... I have been born of goodly parents, and I feel the same way! I am lucky enough that in my adult age I get to share my everyday life with them, and appreciate them for who they are. I am sure they chuckle as they see me deal with my kids back talking and challenges on a daily basis. So I can now say sorry Mom & Dad, I can't remember if I ever did that much sassing to you! Maybe it is payback for how I acted. You are great parents & grandparents and we love having you in our lives! So that is it...another birthday come and gone, but it helps me keep things in the big picture.


5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Kick your feet up and enjoy it!
I hope you have a great day. I heard you guys are taking a little trip. Have a great time. Enjoy the solace. Eat some Hershey bars and roast marshmallows over the stove. Watch a Julia flick. And most importantly... have fun! We love ya!
Ha ha, you're still older than me, even if only by a month! Celebrate BIG! You deserve it.
I liked this post! Happy Birthday!
I'm glad you got your little one on the way - everything works out in the end. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment