I have a ton of pictures to post on the blog on what we have been up to. So I thought I would try and go in some type of chronological order. Tommy's birthday activities happened the weekend after his birthday, so I thought I would start there. The celebration continued through the week.
We had the traditional cake and ice cream, however I forgot to buy candles, hence the #1 candle , representing he was #1 that day, along with being 5 years old.
We let the kids choose if they want to have a friend party or a family party each year. We use to trade off every other year in our old neighborhood, however now that we live in the boonies it is a little harder to have friends come out. So we let them choose, to have a friend party/activity or a family activity and dinner. Tommy chose to see the new Night at the Museum movie, and dinner as a family. It was a cute movie, but I liked the first one better.
After the movie we hit the new McDonald's in the area where the kids got to play on the new equipment(Not impressed with that either, as it is now more a NY cafe look & feel). Then headed off to Wal-Mart for him to spend his wad of birthday money on what ever his little heart desired. I have to compliment him for sharing as he used all of his money to buy four Star Wars light sabers. He wanted to play Star Wars with all of his brothers, and didn't want to leave anyone out. I was shocked, and reminded the other kids, when they got their birthday money they needed to remember him!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Tommy!!! Sounds like you had fun!
Wow! What a generous little soul. It takes a special boy to share with brothers. Way to go Tom.
I'm glad he had a good birthday. He was a great brother to share with his brothers. Sounds like he's already for the big brother roll.
He's a little cutie!
Post a Comment