Thursday, April 30, 2009

Life is Like a box of Chocolates

I must be on a movie line kick lately.... but like Forrest Gump does say... Life is like a box of chocolates you never know what you are going to get!

Many of you know that around the holidays I had a miscarriage, but felt at peace with what ever Heavenly Father had in store for our little family. I was dreading going back on my fertility drugs and having to start the whole process over again. My body is reaching one of those big birthdays this year, and I knew I needed to give it one more shot, and then be at peace with the situation. I had to wait for X,Y,Z to happen for me to start the meds back up. SO I waited and waited, X,Y,Z was not happening. So I had a visit with my doctor and guess what? We are pregnant! It was a shock especially to me, plus not to have to be on the drugs was a added bonus and blessing. We have kept this info under wraps from everyone! Even our kids. We didn't want to have another early miscarriage and disappointments. So the kids & Jeff's family found out on Easter, and the Gus side was told a few days later over our infamous girls only scrapbook weekend with the note below.

 

So we are excited and things are going good, so far( minus me felling like crap) We found out Friday that we will have our own little basketball team, yep another boy is coming to our house! So 5 boys! I think Jeff was more disappointed than me. He really thought it was going to be a girl. I am totally fine with another boy, we have all the stuff, know the drill. There is punching and fighting with boys but not as much drama, or so I've heard. I never thought I would have all boys, but like Forrest says, you never know what you are going to get!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Jessica said...

congratulations! That is awesome! I hope that all continues to go well for you! :D Jessica

Melanie said...

How exciting! Congrats! Hope things continue to go well with the pregnancy!

Krista and Jeff said...

Congratulations! We're definitely not moving there if that's in the water...7 is plenty for me!

Travis & Steff said...

Hey Anissa! I found your blog through Blake & Lori. Congratulations on the great news! We wish you good luck and miss seeing you and your cute family.
Steffanie Barnes

Toni said...

That is so exciting! I am so happy for you. You have a beautiful family.

Kim said...

Another boy??? I can't believe it!! Yes you are going to have a basketball team lol Congrat's to you all. I hope everything goes well for you..and you are not too sick..or at least not too long :) I am so happy for you!!!

Jennie said...

Congratulations. We can't wait to meet the new little T man!

Bekah said...

Wonderful news! I'm so happy for you.