Monday, April 6, 2009

A Pirates Life for Me

 

This past week we escaped from our "normal" routine and headed down to ST. George, to tag along with Jeff as he had a work convention and competition. So the next several posts will be about our trip. Our drive down was not so fun, as we could not get our DVD player to have sound, so the kids played UNO, slept, but mostly fought the whole way down! How did they ever do road trips in the old days?
 

The first night Jeff had to hang with the work boys, so they could get their "heads in the game" for the next days competition. So the kids & I took off for a new restaurant in the area called Pirate Island pizza. It was really fun. It was like walking into the Mayan, with all the rocks, but they have a giant pirate ship, water falls, cannons going off, etc. We got to eat in the smugglers cave, and then head to the big cave to play arcade games. The prices were very reasonable, and they had tons of things on the menu besides pizza. So everyone was happy.

 

We then headed next door to the movies to see Monsters vs Aliens. The kids really liked it to top off our evening! Over all a very good day, except for the LONG drive!

 
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like a fun place to visit. Perfect for all those boys! I hate driving down there too. It always seems so long. Glad to hear you got to get away for a bit! :) I heard that movie is cute.

grandma gus said...

Look how fun the pirate hats are on those cute, handsome boys...........and look how much taller Tanner is than Tate.
Were they standing on the same flat surface??? WOW!!!!
So glad that you could all get away from the COLD, BLOWING WINDS for a while!! HA!

Toni said...

Looks like fun. I'm sure my kids would like that restaurant and the movie.

Bekah said...

When I read about the boys fighting the whole drive down I laughed out loud. Ah, road trips. So many memories come to mind. Looks like you're having lots of fun now though! I want to go to Pirate Island Pizza.

Jennie said...

I'm glad you guys had a good trip. Now the fun part.... back to real life. :)

Lexie said...

Seriously... that looks so fun. I bet the whole trip was, until you got home!

Cami said...

That place looks so fun - I'm sure the boys loved it. Sounds like you had fun activities - what a great getaway!