It is that time of the year again, for many of us that have kids that play soccer. You sit through the wind, snow, heat & rain to watch your child kick a black and white ball around the field. Tanner has played for years, and the past few on a competitive soccer team. It is much more intense than AYSO or the City leagues, but not as crazy as football. The other boys didn't want to play this spring, and I was just fine not to push them to sign up. We already have parts of the year that I want to clone myself to get to every ones practices, games, & activities. I was just fine to have only one of them play this season.
Tanner is playing with a new team this year and has been able to receive a lot of playing time. Any time you join a new competitive team you never know what to expect or the dynamics of that team. We are very proud of him for giving his all and have to brag a little that he is the player with the most goals this season. Good job Tanner!
He had a little scare a few weeks ago, as he was plowed over by some big dude. I had just left the game to take Tate to a scout pack meeting, when it happened. Jeff said he laid there for a minute, got off the field, felt fine, so he went back in and played the rest of the game. When he got home he had a terrible headache,and couldn't remember the second half of the game or even going back in. So we were checking out all the medical online symptoms of a concussion & debating whether or not to run him into the emergency room. He ended up staying home from school & us watching him for other signs, but overall has fully recovered.
So, only two weeks left, and then we go to the play offs. We are taking the first of the summer off from sports, as football will start in mid July and life will get even crazier!


4 comments:
I don't know how all of you moms do it with all your kids in sports. I'm glad Tanner was ok after his hit.
That first picture of his is so great. You'll have to print it in black and white. Congrats on being "the man" Tanner!
I feel your pain...Connor does the same thing...We finished last week and "tryouts" are this week...are we really doing this again????
Tanner is really tall and looks like a young man. Time really does fly!
Post a Comment