The past two weeks have just been crammed with the ups and downs of life.( Future posts) We have had Jeff's sister get married, moved my parents in, seen old friends from the past, kids with games, performances, and then shockingly loosing a member of our ward to an accidental explosion, just days after he buried his own father from a stroke the week before.
Our ward member, Brent Larsen sadly died the same day Jeff's sister got married. His family have been a pillars in our community that have touched many lives. He was Tanner's Young Men and Scout leader where he tried to involve each boy in different activities. I worked with him in the ward choir and on different occasions. His father lived to the ripe old age of 93. The next time I saw Brent, I was going to tell him he had pretty good DNA genes running throughout his veins! However, sadly we each don't know how long we are suppose to be here for our earthly experience when we all the sudden are called home. It has been a real shock to our community, and my heart goes out to his family, who have had to bury their grandfather and father in almost a week of each other. He was a neat man, who will be greatly missed.
The picture of the little stream reminded me of life, where things are going along smoothly and then there are big obstacles that we all have to over come in different forms. I don't know if I am just extra emotional from being pregnant, but Brent's death has really effected & reminded me we don't know how long we all have and to cherish the moments each day.
I am grateful for my little family. The good, the bad & the ugly moments that we share together and that we have the promise that we can be with each other after this earthly life. So my new goal is trying to do a better job to remember the "big" picture in my every day activities and not sweat the small details of life. Does it really matter if someones hair is combed or if they have on matching clothes? Probably not. It will be more about our relationships and how we treat each other that will matter the most.


5 comments:
Sorry to hear about the loss to your ward.
So sad, but such a good reminder to keep the big picture in mind, just like you said.
That's so sad. I like your river analogy. I need to work more on seeing 'the big picture' too.
What a heartfelt post. Sad how things happen so unexpectedly at times.
I'm so glad you are having another baby. You guys are such great parents and the world needs more great kids from great parents. Hope the pregnancy continues to go well.
What an awesome post! Loved it!
Post a Comment