Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Educational Fieldtrip

 
Since the kids were missing school for our little get away, I thought we should at least take in some of St.George's history and sites. Then they could report back to their teachers that they actually did learn something. St. George has a walking tour of 25 different locations that you can see by walking through the city. We only made it to a few in our 3 hour time frame.

 

The first stop was the Old County court house. We saw where they held all the trials and got to sit in the jury seats. I can just imagine all the drama that happened in those rooms. We then visited the Pioneer Museum, next door. We learned many thing, and the kids were amazed at some of the old time tools, especially the dentist drill that was powered by foot pedal.(The wouldn't let us take a picture)
 

Our last stop before lunch and swimming was Brigham Young's Winter home. It was fun to see all the rooms, and learn all the history. The grounds were beautiful and I was very jealous that their tulips were in bloom, and everything was so green. Back at home they were having another snow storm.

 
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

grandma gus said...

Great fun guys!!!!!Glad that you got to see so many things and places. Your teachers should give your extra credit for your additional knowledge!
Yes, you had a snow storm back home, and the WIND was really
"HOWELL-ing" Bbuuuurrrrr!!!

Toni said...

I love history. I bet the tour was really interesting.

Kim said...

Looks like you had fun in St George. You are always a teacher huh lol oh and yes I do remember the hill AFB 911 call. that was so scary...I was tring to remember who that was with..guess it was you! Those kids always kept us busy! Happy Easter!!

Bekah said...

It looks so warm in your pictures, like you should send us all a postcard saying, "Wish you were here!". Glad you had fun. What were the results of Jeff's competition?