Our Trip was coming to an end! The night before we left, Jeff's team won several awards at the big dinner. They came in 2nd place for the Lab challenge, 3rd on the written test, missed 3rd place on the safety challenge by one second, but got an over all 3rd place win for the all around team in the state. I think they had fun, and received more awards than the prior year.
While Jeff was wrapping up things at the Conference, we took the opportunity to see one last historical site. The Jacob Hamblin Farm. I had gone there many years ago, and thought it would be fun for the boys to see the sights, and the working of the old time farm.
The farm was very different than I remembered it. The growth of the community has built homes right up to the property line and they no longer demonstrate the weaving and the workings of the farm. It is more like a visitors center, where you can tour the house and get the feeling of what Jacob Hamblin did for the community.
We still had a good time, and enjoyed the last moments of sun shine, before the storms rolled in and we headed home. We were not looking forward to driving through a snow storm with the kids and the long drive. They are already asking, When are we going back to St. George? So over all a pretty good trip!


6 comments:
Jeff and work crew look pretty spiffy in their matching shirts, and they picked a great color!!!
I think excercises like that can really compliment the energy and espridecor (sp?) of a work team, or not, at least it is a joint activity.
Glad the Jacob Hamblin home was visit in history if nothing else. I can't remember ever being there?
Glad you got to go.
Sounds like a good time! I love the picture of the boys on the bench!!
Looks like a successful trip all the way around.
Congratulation on 3rd place! Nothing to sniff at. Glad you guys had a good trip. Sounds like lots of fun.
Annis! It sounds like the whole trip was a blast! Thanks for all the updates! See ya REAL soon!
It's nice when the family can have some fun time together. Good job!
Post a Comment